DEVELOPMENT Project Manager (Senior) IT Delivery - Banking/Financial WOKING - Surrey - £70 000k.
Qualifications and Training:
Educated to degree level, ideally in a mathematical or finance based degree, software engineering, or a related discipline
Prince2 Practitioner Certified (or equivalent)
MUST HAVE - Banking/Finance.
IDEALLY has DEVELOPMENT background, development delivery project management
* To possess at least 10 experience in delivering projects of different values
* Preferred: experience focused in the financial sector, especially investments/financial data/financial software
* Experience with both package and bespoke software project delivery
* Experience of client facing software, including knowledge of usability and accessibility standard/best practices
* Experience of Off-shore development (processes/techniques/management)
* Experience of commercials (including pre-sale, RFPs, conceptualisation, design, commercials, project initiation, budget tolerances, change control budgets)
* Line Management Experience - be proficient in people management skills such as performance management
* To proactively manage projects on a day-to-day basis
* Provide effective leadership of the development team
* Prepare realistic and achievable project plans
* Actively monitor and progress project actions
* Actively monitor and mitigate project risks, issues and dependencies
* Ensure that projects are delivered to time and budget
(37.5 hours per week - based in Woking, Surrey)
: Excellent communication skills - e.g. to be able to effectively communicate business/commercial aspects of a project and be equally proficient with the more technical requirements;
External project management experience as a 3rd party service provider or in client facing roles
Proven track record in successful project deliveries
Excellent problem solving skills and a natural ability to plan/re-plan
Competent with project planning using Microsoft Project 2007/2010 or equivalent
Ideal candidate would have a mixture of experience from different size companies (small, medium and large)
Would suit a self-motivated, ambitious individual, who thrives in progressing alongside a medium size company as it matures and develops further
Ideal candidate would be measured, calm under pressure, assertive, authoritative.
The role would also suit someone driven, who can work well independently, but also as part of a team
The existing team includes a mixture of experience, but are relatively junior, so would suit a candidate looking to oversee others and their personal development by sharing experiences
What Candidate can Expect from XXXXXXXXX:
Short term: Fit into existing Project team and oversee deliveries of key project deliveries
Medium term: review processes to streamline/optimise/identify gaps. Help to mentor/develop junior Project Managers.
Long term: Manage Project Management team
Training in appropriate areas to ensure that knowledge is current and up to date
Overview of XXXXXXXXX - The Organisation
XXXXXXXXX is a leader in the provision of investment data, software and performance analysis to the financial services industry. XXXXXXXXX's products and services are designed to interpret and analyse data, helping financial advisers and private investors to stay well informed and ultimately make sound investment decisions.
XXXXXXXXX has been undergoing rapid growth in recent years and is set to continue in this mode through continued global expansion and the development of innovative, market leading products and services.
The range of tools and software provided by XXXXXXXXX caters to the back, middle and front office requirements of financial services firms and includes research, analysis, optimisation, modelling, reporting, sales, marketing and presentation. XXXXXXXXX's core products include Analytics and finXL, Webtools, Data Dissemination, DataXXXXXXXXXeds, Fund Document Production, Trustnet, and Ratings - XXXXXXXXX Crown Fund Ratings, XXXXXXXXX Alpha Manager and the Adviser Fund Index (AFI).
XXXXXXXXX has offices in the UK, Europe and Asia Pacific. Its clients include liXXXXXXXXX and pension providers, asset managers, financial advisers and networks, wrap platforms, fund supermarkets, software houses, financial portals and private investors.